Squatters
squat-ter [skwot-er] Noun - a person who settles on land or occupies property without title, right, or payment of rent.
The saga of our Omaha house continues and I am frustrated beyond belief! I've spent a portion of my morning very sad and crying quite a bit. The eviction was supposed to take place yesterday. Since the court date was set it was assumed (and ya'll know what assuming does to you, right?) that the people had actually been served the eviction notice. Well, apparently not - they are sneaky little (can't think of a nice word to insert here so I won't insert anything) and aren't around to get the eviction notice. So, they are still living in our home rent-free. I certainly hope they have a very Merry Christmas in their no cost home. I might feel a little sorry for them if they are down on their luck. But my feeling sorry for them stopped when they purposely choose to not pay the November and December rent after repeatedly saying they would.
It's the law in Nebraska that the renters have to be personally served. Since they can't be personally served, the attorney (which costs us more money) has to go to the judge to get an order that they can post the notice on the door and mail the notice. Once the order is signed, a new court date will be assigned (I'm assuming only a miracle of God would get a court date before Christmas - but I am praying for miracles) and they will be required to appear in court. It's my understanding if they don't appear that the Sheriff will escort them out (assuming they are still there at that time).
So, I would appreciate your prayers in this whole situation. I want the things to go smoothly and I definitely need prayer for my attitude. I am mad beyond belief at these people and it is definitely affecting my mood and my attitude.
The saga of our Omaha house continues and I am frustrated beyond belief! I've spent a portion of my morning very sad and crying quite a bit. The eviction was supposed to take place yesterday. Since the court date was set it was assumed (and ya'll know what assuming does to you, right?) that the people had actually been served the eviction notice. Well, apparently not - they are sneaky little (can't think of a nice word to insert here so I won't insert anything) and aren't around to get the eviction notice. So, they are still living in our home rent-free. I certainly hope they have a very Merry Christmas in their no cost home. I might feel a little sorry for them if they are down on their luck. But my feeling sorry for them stopped when they purposely choose to not pay the November and December rent after repeatedly saying they would.
It's the law in Nebraska that the renters have to be personally served. Since they can't be personally served, the attorney (which costs us more money) has to go to the judge to get an order that they can post the notice on the door and mail the notice. Once the order is signed, a new court date will be assigned (I'm assuming only a miracle of God would get a court date before Christmas - but I am praying for miracles) and they will be required to appear in court. It's my understanding if they don't appear that the Sheriff will escort them out (assuming they are still there at that time).
So, I would appreciate your prayers in this whole situation. I want the things to go smoothly and I definitely need prayer for my attitude. I am mad beyond belief at these people and it is definitely affecting my mood and my attitude.
Comments
It's easy to get angry and it's easy to get scared. It's a whole lot harder to have a right attitude and heart when injustice is being done. May God give you grace as you trust him for ALL OF IT! My heart goes out to you.