ELO

What a special day at ELO today! I help with the 1st and 2nd graders and we've been studying the continents. Today, we learned about Australia and what better way to learn than to invite a true, blue Aussie (pronounced Ozzie, right Deb?) to our class. Mrs. Ez was so kind to take some of her precious school time and share it with our class. I have never seen these kids sit and listen so intently to any of us - probably because we don't have a cool accent! She shared her culture with the kids that none of us could do and she even shared a vegemite sandwich (turn your volume up!). So, I thought I'd leave you with some pictures and a song 'Land Down Under'.














Comments

Debbie Ayers said…
Next time, I am building you into my program with a solo, "I come from the land down under..." so start practising!
i'd like to hear that too! :)

so do you guys cover Israel during the school year? i would so KILL to teach that one!
The Clevelands said…
Oh - Dana!! You should never offer something like that if you aren't serious?? We are just picking and choosing different countries within the continents. We have picked the countries already for the rest of the year, but let me check with the other teachers to see if we can switch around some. We love to have guest speakers!
TexasNeals said…
i vote isreal for next week!!! HA! :)
the pictures are great! it was such a good presentation.
well now i'm nervous... i don't have a cool accent to compete with!
oh yikes, i just checked my calendar and i can't do anything until MAY! umm, i'm guessing that's a little late?
The Clevelands said…
Dana - you are much too busy!! Yes, May is too late (I think we're done the 1st or 2nd Wednesday in April). Bummer!

If something changes, please let us know - we would fit you in spur of the moment with no problem! Otherwise, when we do the contintents and countries again - we know where to find you!!

I'm assuming you'll get this via the blog, but I may send it via email just to be sure!
the problem is having some cakes to do and we are going on a vacation in march. so while i have wednesdays available i have no time to plan. maybe next year would best.

Popular posts from this blog

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .

Back to Updating! It's now June!