I Hate Phone Calls

I am a phone-aphobic (is that a word??). I absolutely hate making or taking phone calls (I don't mind taking phone calls from people I know, so you can keep calling). Even if it's someone I know well, I'd rather email them or call when I know I can leave a message. I think it stems from my people pleaser mentality. Even if I know you, I don't want to bother you as you might be in the middle of doing something! You'd think after a good many years working in customer service having to take and make probably 100 calls a day, it wouldn't bother me - maybe that's why - I'm all phoned out!

I just wanted to share that thought as I just made a phone call to someone that although I've met, I don't know well. I did it as I don't think my emails are going through! The good news is - I left a message :) And earlier today, I emailed for a service request for something rather than calling - gotta love email!

So, if I email you rather than call, now you'll know why!

********************************************

On a side note - This is a conversation I had with Jaelyn the other day:

Mommy - "Jaelyn, I think we should cut your hair" (although I hate the thought of that, but her hair is a terrible mess to comb through - you'd think I cut her leg off the way she screams)

Jaelyn - "Then no one will know me without my curls".


Obviously you can tell that people always comment on her curls - what will she do without them!? I haven't decided to cut them yet.

Comments

TexasNeals said…
i completely understand! i get major anxiety about phone calls. caller id is a WONDERFUL invention! :)
Debbie Ayers said…
After 5 years working as a telephone counsellor, I dislike the phone too. Email is great! We can form a "phono-phobic" group!
The Clevelands said…
It's so good to see I'm not alone!! Caller ID is wonderful and I wouldn't be opposed to an email only group!!

:)
Laura said…
A least we don't still live in the time period where people "came callin". That meant they just showed up at your house unannounced and expected a meal! UGGGG!

I love email!!
Y'all are horrible! I love the phone and I would love for people to "come callin!" How fun! Just not during my school hours. ;-0
The Clevelands said…
Aimee - you know it was Eric that I 'left a message' for via the Internet!! That way I didn't have to call him either!

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Updating! It's now June!

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .