Over the Hills . . .
And through the woods to Grandmother's house we go! I came home from Mom's after Thanksgiving on December 7. I was here for 11 days and then we left for Michigan to spend Christmas there for a few days and then drove to Nebraska to spend a few days before heading back to Texas. So, just so you get a sense, we drove through the following states to get to Michigan and then Nebraska: 1) Texas; 2) Arkansas; 3) Tennessee (unscheduled stop because the lock on the truck broke); 4) Missouri; 5) Illinois; 6) Indiana; and 7) Michigan - that took 17 hours (not nearly as long as we thought so it was good!). Then we left Michigan and drove back through Indiana and Illinois and then 8) Iowa; and 9) Nebraska (which was blizzardy and cold the entire time!!). Then we left Nebraska and drove back into Iowa and through Missouri, then 10) Kansas; and 11) Oklahoma before arriving back into Texas. Yes, that's right - 11 states, 10 days, and approximately 44 hours of driving - Whew - I'm tired just writing about it!
But, it was all fun. We had not actually been to Michigan for 3 years! Wow - that's way too long. There was lots of snow and the kids had a blast. They made snow angels, sledding, snowmobiling, and ate some snow! The snow wasn't wet enough to make snowmen. We had a great, if not short, time visiting with David's family and then seeing our wonderful friends, the Anderson's.
We left Michigan on the Wednesday before Christmas. I really wanted to be at Mom's this Christmas (that wasn't the original plan, but then Dad had to ruin that!). We were watching the weather carefully - it at first looked like we might not be able to make it because of rain and freezing temps. But, alas, God is good. It rained the entire drive to Nebraska (about 10 hours), but the temps were always above freezing so the roads were fine.
We had Christmas Eve at Mom and Dad's with my brother and his family. It was good they came when they did, because once they got back home, they were stuck there for a couple of days. Our big family Christmas (which includes aunts, uncles, cousins, etc) was supposed to happen the Saturday after Christmas, but no such luck this year. I think we got about a foot of snow while we were there. So, believe it or not, I am now caught up with blogging through Christmas (of course pictures are below). I have a few more things/events to blog about, but I'm feeling good with the progress I'm making (of course you know that means I'm not getting anything else done!!).
Snowmobiling with Uncle Dan and eating the snow (fortunately it wasn't yellow. And, of course, making snow angels!





We had Christmas at David's brother's house. Here's all the family.


Here's David's sister with her grandson and David's Mom.

You've been snowballed!



The view from David's Mom and Dad's house!

David's Mom and Dad

Sledding with friends:


Yes - there's more - am I losing you?? Now we are off to Nebraska! This is what we left in. It looks worse in the picture. It was just very dreary and rainy.

Christmas Eve (I didn't get too many pictures as I thought we'd be getting together again, but the weather didn't allow). We had a WII bowling tournament.


Always fun playing with Uncle Dave!

Jaelyn made Uncle Dave a pinecone person!

Passing out gifts:




Playing in the snow:





A 2009 Christmas picture actually in front of a tree (we didn't have one this year)

The kids with my mom

And, on the way home, we saw way too much of this!





Just a couple more - I promise! When we got home, we had a couple of gifts for the kids so they opened those. It's like they had 3 Christmases! Again, thanks for reading!


But, it was all fun. We had not actually been to Michigan for 3 years! Wow - that's way too long. There was lots of snow and the kids had a blast. They made snow angels, sledding, snowmobiling, and ate some snow! The snow wasn't wet enough to make snowmen. We had a great, if not short, time visiting with David's family and then seeing our wonderful friends, the Anderson's.
We left Michigan on the Wednesday before Christmas. I really wanted to be at Mom's this Christmas (that wasn't the original plan, but then Dad had to ruin that!). We were watching the weather carefully - it at first looked like we might not be able to make it because of rain and freezing temps. But, alas, God is good. It rained the entire drive to Nebraska (about 10 hours), but the temps were always above freezing so the roads were fine.
We had Christmas Eve at Mom and Dad's with my brother and his family. It was good they came when they did, because once they got back home, they were stuck there for a couple of days. Our big family Christmas (which includes aunts, uncles, cousins, etc) was supposed to happen the Saturday after Christmas, but no such luck this year. I think we got about a foot of snow while we were there. So, believe it or not, I am now caught up with blogging through Christmas (of course pictures are below). I have a few more things/events to blog about, but I'm feeling good with the progress I'm making (of course you know that means I'm not getting anything else done!!).
Snowmobiling with Uncle Dan and eating the snow (fortunately it wasn't yellow. And, of course, making snow angels!
We had Christmas at David's brother's house. Here's all the family.
Here's David's sister with her grandson and David's Mom.
You've been snowballed!
The view from David's Mom and Dad's house!
David's Mom and Dad
Sledding with friends:
Yes - there's more - am I losing you?? Now we are off to Nebraska! This is what we left in. It looks worse in the picture. It was just very dreary and rainy.
Christmas Eve (I didn't get too many pictures as I thought we'd be getting together again, but the weather didn't allow). We had a WII bowling tournament.
Always fun playing with Uncle Dave!
Jaelyn made Uncle Dave a pinecone person!
Passing out gifts:
Playing in the snow:
A 2009 Christmas picture actually in front of a tree (we didn't have one this year)
The kids with my mom
And, on the way home, we saw way too much of this!
Just a couple more - I promise! When we got home, we had a couple of gifts for the kids so they opened those. It's like they had 3 Christmases! Again, thanks for reading!
Comments