Wow!
24 hours ago, I never thought this particular post was possible today. However, all I can say is WOW - God is good. Mom called and said that they took dad off the ventilator this morning around 10:30 and so far seems to be taking it well (no tracheoscomy). He is very weak, but they have him in a more upright position in bed. His first request was for rootbeer!! :)
I know he is far from out of the woods! He's been off the ventilator once before and then had to go back on it. I'm cautiously optimistic that he won't have to go back on it again. I was actually able to talk to him (he just listened) for a few seconds this morning (good for a daughter's heart, for sure!)
I appreciate your prayers so much! If you think about, I would just ask for continued prayers for his lungs to work like they are supposed to and for him to regain his strength!
P.S. Stephanie - thanks for your words of encouragement and verses!
I know he is far from out of the woods! He's been off the ventilator once before and then had to go back on it. I'm cautiously optimistic that he won't have to go back on it again. I was actually able to talk to him (he just listened) for a few seconds this morning (good for a daughter's heart, for sure!)
I appreciate your prayers so much! If you think about, I would just ask for continued prayers for his lungs to work like they are supposed to and for him to regain his strength!
P.S. Stephanie - thanks for your words of encouragement and verses!
Comments