Slow and Steady Wins the Race!
But that doesn't mean it's easy! Over the past 2, 3, 4 days it sounds as if Dad has been showing some signs of progress. All the doctors come in very upbeat and tell Mom and Dad how well he is doing. He's been off the vent for several hours each day over the last 2-3 days, he's been sitting up for a few hours each day, etc.
However, the progress is much too slow for those personally involved (aka mom and dad and maybe even me). I think Dad was slightly discouraged this morning. He's so weak and it's hard for him to get motivated to do things; however, if he doesn't do exercises, he will remain weak. It's just a vicious circle!
I'm so excited to go up there next week. I told my mom that it would either perk dad up or stress him out (I'm hoping it'll perk him up!!). I feel that if I can see him myself, I'll be able to see the progress and hopefully help them see it.
I appreciate you sharing in my story! I appreciate your prayers! I'd just ask for the same prayers - strength, patience, encouragement and wisdom for the doctors.
However, the progress is much too slow for those personally involved (aka mom and dad and maybe even me). I think Dad was slightly discouraged this morning. He's so weak and it's hard for him to get motivated to do things; however, if he doesn't do exercises, he will remain weak. It's just a vicious circle!
I'm so excited to go up there next week. I told my mom that it would either perk dad up or stress him out (I'm hoping it'll perk him up!!). I feel that if I can see him myself, I'll be able to see the progress and hopefully help them see it.
I appreciate you sharing in my story! I appreciate your prayers! I'd just ask for the same prayers - strength, patience, encouragement and wisdom for the doctors.
Comments