Moving In The Right Direction!

It seems like the last almost 3 weeks, Dad has basically been the same - not doing well; vent in, vent out, vent back in, etc. etc. This morning, he was quite upset about getting a feeding tube put in. By this evening, although still not thrilled with it, he seems to understand it's to help with his recovery and not a life-sustaining measure.

I talked to mom tonight and it seems for the first time in almost 3 weeks, her spirits are a little better. I know she is exhausted and I know she has 2nd-guessed some of the decisions that have been made, but it seems like today has been a slightly better day.

The cute thing she told me that happened today is that before she left she was sitting in Dad's room reading the paper and she heard a tap on the side of the bed (since Dad can't talk because of the trach, that's how he gets her attention). She looked up and he motioned her to come over. She asked what he needed and he smacked his lips for a kiss! She complied and then he held his finger up for one more time and then one more time again!

I know Dad is far from out of the woods and he has a long road ahead. But it's good to hear that things seem to be moving in the right direction! Thanks for your continued prayers. God is good!

Comments

Stephanie said…
That's so sweet! I love when couples have been married and grown old together and are still so much in love!

Popular posts from this blog

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .

Back to Updating! It's now June!