Good News!

I almost hate to post this, because it sometimes seems that when I post something good, it changes rather quickly! But, my mom called me on my cell during ELO today. When I saw it was her, my heart dropped. She just doesn't normally do that.

Fortunately, it was good news! Dad had been sitting up in a chair for about 3 1/2 hours this morning. He hasn't actually sat up in a chair for probably 2 weeks. He also is currently off the ventilator. He just has a regular oxygen tube attached to his trach tube. He seems to be in relatively good spirits.

It seems like there's been lots of little baby steps in the right direction (although it was nothing we could really see - the doctors were just telling us that). Today, seems like a step in the right direction that is more visible to us! It was good to hear Mom's voice - she sounded encouraged.

Again, I know Dad is not out of the woods and he has a long road ahead of him. I'll be anxious to go up and see them next week. I would just ask for your continued prayers for patience, strength, and wisdom for the doctors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Updating! It's now June!

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .