Prayers Please
I've been updating my facebook with this, but know there are some folks who don't have facebook so I just wanted to do a quick update.
I'm in Lincoln right now as my dad had heart valve repair surgery this morning (Tuesday). The actual surgery appears to have gone very well. However, he is having difficulty coming out of the anesthesia.
Although we are all optimistic that he will make a full recovery, we are still concerned that it is taking him so long to come out of the anesthesia (as I blog this, it's been almost 9 hours since he came out of surgery). One reason we are disheartened about this is his younger brother's experience with this same surgery a year ago. He had a very difficult time recovering and although he is officially recovered, he's not any better off than he was before the surgery and probably is slightly worse.
So, I would appreciate any prayers you could lift up on my dad's behalf (and my mom as well!). Thanks much and I'll update more when I get a minute!
I'm in Lincoln right now as my dad had heart valve repair surgery this morning (Tuesday). The actual surgery appears to have gone very well. However, he is having difficulty coming out of the anesthesia.
Although we are all optimistic that he will make a full recovery, we are still concerned that it is taking him so long to come out of the anesthesia (as I blog this, it's been almost 9 hours since he came out of surgery). One reason we are disheartened about this is his younger brother's experience with this same surgery a year ago. He had a very difficult time recovering and although he is officially recovered, he's not any better off than he was before the surgery and probably is slightly worse.
So, I would appreciate any prayers you could lift up on my dad's behalf (and my mom as well!). Thanks much and I'll update more when I get a minute!
Comments