We Interrupt This Picture Post . . .
For some important breaking news! Or maybe not! I have one more catch up post that I want to do, but I thought I should blog about these oh so important matters!
#1 - Jaelyn had the privilege of finding a baby bird that fell out of a nest on Wednesday. It seemed to be doing well, just couldn't fly. So, we brought it in and made a little next for it and gave it food and water. I tried to feed it every hour or so, but it would only take food a couple of times before nighttime. I assumed (and you know what assuming does??) that since it didn't want to eat much during the day that it was old enough to make it through the night. Yeah, well that didn't work!
Jaelyn was initially devastated when I told her, but she seemed to handle it fairly well later on. Eric, on the other hand, oh my goodness!! I can only hope that his is this sad and upset when I'm gone! He was beside himself for a good couple of hours (fortunately Pump It Up seemed to cheer him up!).
So, we had a birdie burial! The kids made pictures to bury with Sparkles (the name Jaelyn picked out) and we made a cross with sticks and buried Sparkles by the tree in the front yard (didn't want the dogs digging the bird up!). I said a few brief words at the burial and then prayed for Sparkles!
Then, I had to field such questions as "Is Sparkles in heaven?", "When will Sparkles turn to bones?". So, I had to break the news that no, Sparkles is not in heaven (fortunately they seemed to take that well) and hopefully they won't want to dig Sparkles up to see if she's only bones. I'll leave with with a couple of pictures of our dear, departed Sparkles (if you need to you can go get the kleenex now)!
Before:

The birdie grave:

#2 - And then some stuff that isn't so heart wrenching!! If you remember, a few weeks go Eric tried to skip out on doing some school work! Here's another note he left me. This was a couple of days ago and I can't remember if he was really done with school and just leaving me a note or if he got tired of waiting for me to give him his next assignment. Either way, I thought it was funny.
#1 - Jaelyn had the privilege of finding a baby bird that fell out of a nest on Wednesday. It seemed to be doing well, just couldn't fly. So, we brought it in and made a little next for it and gave it food and water. I tried to feed it every hour or so, but it would only take food a couple of times before nighttime. I assumed (and you know what assuming does??) that since it didn't want to eat much during the day that it was old enough to make it through the night. Yeah, well that didn't work!
Jaelyn was initially devastated when I told her, but she seemed to handle it fairly well later on. Eric, on the other hand, oh my goodness!! I can only hope that his is this sad and upset when I'm gone! He was beside himself for a good couple of hours (fortunately Pump It Up seemed to cheer him up!).
So, we had a birdie burial! The kids made pictures to bury with Sparkles (the name Jaelyn picked out) and we made a cross with sticks and buried Sparkles by the tree in the front yard (didn't want the dogs digging the bird up!). I said a few brief words at the burial and then prayed for Sparkles!
Then, I had to field such questions as "Is Sparkles in heaven?", "When will Sparkles turn to bones?". So, I had to break the news that no, Sparkles is not in heaven (fortunately they seemed to take that well) and hopefully they won't want to dig Sparkles up to see if she's only bones. I'll leave with with a couple of pictures of our dear, departed Sparkles (if you need to you can go get the kleenex now)!
Before:

The birdie grave:

#2 - And then some stuff that isn't so heart wrenching!! If you remember, a few weeks go Eric tried to skip out on doing some school work! Here's another note he left me. This was a couple of days ago and I can't remember if he was really done with school and just leaving me a note or if he got tired of waiting for me to give him his next assignment. Either way, I thought it was funny.
Comments
I love Eric!!