Fender Bender
Over the weekend, we had a minor fender bender. We came to a stop at a traffic light that wasn't working and the person behind us, didn't! Everyone was in the car (including one dog). Fortunately everyone was OK.
We were dreading (at least I was) the potential outlay of money to repair the van (the damage wasn't bad, but bad enough). If we had to come up with the money, we probably would have let it go for awhile (the double mortgage thing doesn't allow for such luxuries!).
We initially called our insurance company and they suggested we call the other person's insurance company directly (that way there's no mark on our record - I can't quite figure that one out since it wasn't our fault, but we weren't going to argue with them). So we called the other company on Saturday and gave them all the information. A local agent called on Monday and the van was taken in today for repair. They provided a rental car as well.
I just got a call and the damage is estimated to be around $1400. Hopefully we'll have the van back by Friday or Monday. I'm just very thankful that we are able to get the van fixed and there is no out of pocket expense on our part - PTL!
We were dreading (at least I was) the potential outlay of money to repair the van (the damage wasn't bad, but bad enough). If we had to come up with the money, we probably would have let it go for awhile (the double mortgage thing doesn't allow for such luxuries!).
We initially called our insurance company and they suggested we call the other person's insurance company directly (that way there's no mark on our record - I can't quite figure that one out since it wasn't our fault, but we weren't going to argue with them). So we called the other company on Saturday and gave them all the information. A local agent called on Monday and the van was taken in today for repair. They provided a rental car as well.
I just got a call and the damage is estimated to be around $1400. Hopefully we'll have the van back by Friday or Monday. I'm just very thankful that we are able to get the van fixed and there is no out of pocket expense on our part - PTL!
Comments
Hope all gets fixed soon!