Prayers Please!
I recently posted that David's mom had breast cancer surgery and that the surgery went well. I just wanted to give a brief update and ask for your continued prayers.
She had a follow up appointment today and the good news was that there was no cancer in the lymph nodes - it hadn't spread. The bad news is that it was a little more invasive that they originally thought. So, even though there is cancer in only one side, they are recommending a double mastectomy as the doctor feels it would only be a matter of time before there would be more cancer (there may already be cancer, but it is very difficult to detect via a mammogram).
She is leaning toward doing this, but I know she would appreciate your prayers as she makes this decision. Thanks!
She had a follow up appointment today and the good news was that there was no cancer in the lymph nodes - it hadn't spread. The bad news is that it was a little more invasive that they originally thought. So, even though there is cancer in only one side, they are recommending a double mastectomy as the doctor feels it would only be a matter of time before there would be more cancer (there may already be cancer, but it is very difficult to detect via a mammogram).
She is leaning toward doing this, but I know she would appreciate your prayers as she makes this decision. Thanks!
Comments
Do you have any updates? Keep us informed. We are praying!
Thanks for being the responsible one today! ;-) Kara TOLD Eric she was taking the kids then they went to my moms. It has been nice because I have slept the entire afternoon.
Maybe we will see you at Park Day.
And, as far as being responsible?? I was sure they were in the Curfman clan before I left and that's about all I did on that! Hope you are feeling better!