Very Different School Week

I guess the beauty of homeschooling is knowing that your children are learning even if it's not a 'normal' school week. I'm usually kind of 'fixed' in my method of teaching that we go by the books I have and we don't normally stray off. In my mind, they won't be learning what they are supposed to be learning (I know that's not necessarily true, but how I think nonetheless!).

So, this week started off just different. On Monday, Jessica had a dentist appointment in the afternoon to get a filling and I really had some errands to run. I needed to get supplies for ELO and then go to the library to get some books on Hawaii and Volcanos. And we worked on a paper mache globe for ELO. So, we really didn't get school done.

Tuesday morning - I had a doctor's appointment. Although I left school work to be done (with Daddy's supervision), it didn't really get done. By the time I got home and got the kids lunch, I wasn't in the mood to try to get school done before dance. Also, I painted the paper mache globe for ELO.

Wednesday - ELO - yes, it is school and I won't normally plan to do much other school on that day. But after ELO, we went to Chick-Fil-A with some other homeschool families from ELO. We got home, rested, and then headed to Wednesday night activites.

Thursday - I was hoping to get a 'normal' school day in. But, I am friends with a 'fun' homeschool mom (not saying ya'll aren't fun, but no one else has invited the kids to a Luau!). Her boys are studing Hawaii and she's having a Luau tomorrow (Friday). So, today, the kids are preparing their short presentations for that. They each (Jessica and Eric) had to read a book and basically just tell a little about what they read (they will be the youngest there, so nothing fancy). So, that's what we are working on today. Then, I'm going to help Eric put together a paper mache volcano and help Jessica string some paper flower leis. Finally, barring any complications, Eric will have football practice tonight.

Friday - The Luau starts at 11:00 so I'm assuming no 'formal' school tomorrow either. Some friends will come over in the afternoon, we'll go to do some P.E. and then Eric will again have football practice.

So, that's my week (a day early) in a nutshell. I hope ya'll are having a great week!

Comments

Hey! Park day is tomorrow! I forgot! Kara emailed me to ask if I was coming. I should because I need to see her. What are your thoughts on this?

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Updating! It's now June!

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .