It's Time!

Well, September is almost over and if I don't post soon, then I'll have not blogged anything for the entire month of August and September! So, I'm here! I'm not sure that much has been going on, but I just haven't been in the mood to blog. I'll back track a little to catch anyone up who may still be reading this!

I left you with swimming lessons at the end of July. We had just returned from Nebraska helping my mom getting ready for an auction. Now, here comes August (sorry this is so long - if you make it to the end, you are a trooper)!

Jaelyn attended a tea party for her sweet friend Anna Jo (I can't really remember when this was, but it was this summer sometime!). They had a lot of fun dressing up and playing tea.


We visited our good friends who had the nerve to move to Mont Belvieu.

We went bowling with friends.



Jaelyn started ballet! She's been waiting for 3 years to do this and was so excited to start!


We had an auction of much of my dad's things. It was very bittersweet. He was such a collector and it was hard for mom to get around some of the things. Much of the stuff we either didn't know what we would need it for or just didn't need it. Overall it was a good auction. The kids had so much fun bidding on a couple of things. Mom would have let them have it, but they wanted the excitement of bidding on something and getting it!

My saddest time was when my dad's accordion went up for sale. I had the option to keep it and not put it up for auction (mom let us kids take whatever we wanted before the sale). At first I wanted it and then I decided that it would just sit here - no one was going to learn to play the accordion. But when people started bidding on that, I was very emotional (I still get emotional thinking about it). I sure wish I would have kept that! I stayed a few extra days to help mom paint and get things put back together. She obviously worked me way too hard (insert smiley face here) because I hurt my back and have since found out I have a slipped disc). The first 2 pictures are in the basement after we got everything out. The next 2 are at the actual auction.




September is now here and we started school!




ELO has started! I'm helping teach the 3rd - 8th graders current events using God's World News.

Flag football is here. Eric is playing on the Giants again. He sure does have a great time.


Jessica is playing tennis and has played in a couple of tennis tournaments. I love how they start the kids off - they really instruct them and take the time with the kids even during a game.


Jessica went to Safety City - she has been looking forward to that for a long time!




And, the kids just generally have had fun playing!




There, that's the last couple of months. You know it's been a long time since blogging when Kara C blogs more than you do!! :)

Comments

Love it. What's up with our girls faces in that picture? Btw, they had a blast today! Thanks for letting them come over.

So what do you do for a slipped disc?

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Updating! It's now June!

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .