Missing Dad

It's been almost 8 months since Dad passed away. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him and miss him. It's especially hard this first Father's Day knowing that I won't be able to call him and wish him a special day and tell him how much I love him. So, I know I've done this before, but here are some special pictures of my dad. I miss you!

He definitely had that rebel look when he was younger.


He smoked a pipe when I was growing up. He finally quite after a 3 week stay at the hospital almost 30 years ago.
The limited number of pictures that I can post don't do justice to how much he loved his grandkids. He never hesitated to play, teach or just love on them.









This is one of my favorite pictures. I was up visiting and it was a Monday and I was getting ready to come home. We did our fist thing which was his promise he was going to try to get better. I know he tried as hard as he could. I was home for 3 days when I was called to come back up to say goodbye for the last time. Dad, I can't wait to say hello again! I love you and miss you!



Yellow roses grow in heaven, Lord pick a bunch for me.
Place them in my father's arms and tell him they're from me.
Tell him that I love and miss him. When he turns to smile,
place a kiss upon his cheek & hold him for awhile,
because remembering him is easy, I do it every day.
There's an ache in my heart that will never go away.
I love you Dad.

Author unknown

Comments

I was thinking of you today!

Eric looks so much like your dad in the first picture that it's crazy!

See you tomorrow!
Laura said…
Sweet! I love my daddy too! I am sorry that you had a hard time yesterday!!

Popular posts from this blog

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .

Back to Updating! It's now June!