Ear Infection
Eric has the most unusual ear infections that I know of. He's only had 3 - 2 of them were before the age of 2 and today, he has another one.
When he was little, he never fussed, cried, ran a fever or anything prior to his 2 ear infections. He just tugged at his ears and I finally took him in. The verdict was always "Wow, I'm surprised he hasn't been crying. That's a really bad ear infection."
So, yesterday around 4:30 he started to complain that his ear hurt. It was nothing dramatic (and it was right in the middle of picking up), so I didn't think too much about it. I gave him some Tylenol and Ibuprofin and he continued to play without too much complaint.
Well last night he couldn't sleep, said his ear really hurt and he was crying. So, I knew there was something up but I really didn't think it was an ear infection. Again, he had no fever, no cold, no runny nose, etc. So, I took him into the walk-in clinic this morning and the doctor's words, "Wow, I can see why that really hurts. It's a really bad ear infection. I wouldn't be surprised if his ear drum bursts." Great, just what a mother wants to hear. It makes me feel like such a bad mom that I didn't bring him in last night.
Oh well, we've got antibiotics and hopefully he's on the mend. He's watching TV, waiting for some ice cream and if he's lucky he might get out school (but then again he might not - I guess I am a mean mom!!). Hopefully he'll feel well enough to play basketball tomorrow!
When he was little, he never fussed, cried, ran a fever or anything prior to his 2 ear infections. He just tugged at his ears and I finally took him in. The verdict was always "Wow, I'm surprised he hasn't been crying. That's a really bad ear infection."
So, yesterday around 4:30 he started to complain that his ear hurt. It was nothing dramatic (and it was right in the middle of picking up), so I didn't think too much about it. I gave him some Tylenol and Ibuprofin and he continued to play without too much complaint.
Well last night he couldn't sleep, said his ear really hurt and he was crying. So, I knew there was something up but I really didn't think it was an ear infection. Again, he had no fever, no cold, no runny nose, etc. So, I took him into the walk-in clinic this morning and the doctor's words, "Wow, I can see why that really hurts. It's a really bad ear infection. I wouldn't be surprised if his ear drum bursts." Great, just what a mother wants to hear. It makes me feel like such a bad mom that I didn't bring him in last night.
Oh well, we've got antibiotics and hopefully he's on the mend. He's watching TV, waiting for some ice cream and if he's lucky he might get out school (but then again he might not - I guess I am a mean mom!!). Hopefully he'll feel well enough to play basketball tomorrow!
Comments
There have been some crazy illnesses going around this year!
Miss seeing ya! I went to the meeting last week! I am already recruiting two new members to join CHEC from my school this year! I know I probally shouldn't do that huh???