What Else Have We Done?

We got back from South Padre Island on Saturday evening. I was home for about 12 hours and then drove up to Topeka, Kansas. I was going to Nebraska to visit with my mom and dad before Dad's surgery. My very good friends, Ruth and Ken, watched my kids from Monday morning until Friday night (and believe it or not, they are still my good friends!). I dropped the kids off Monday morning and then drove up to Lincoln. My dad's surgery was on Tuesday, September 22. My only regret about not driving to Lincoln with the kids is that they didn't get the chance to play with their Papa one last time. If only I had known . . .

So, although I spent alot of time between Texas and Nebraska from September through the end of the year, we still did manage to do some things!

Although this isn't a good picture, on the drive home from Lincoln (September 27), we stopped at a hotel to spend the night (I left too late in the day to make the trip all in one day). That night, the girls were horsing around on the bed and Jaelyn fell off. The first stop once we got into Longview was to Taylor Medical to see if Jaelyn broke her finger. They splinted it as if it were broken since the x-ray was inconclusive!



Eric played flag football. Although we missed several of the games because of traveling, he did make it to 4 or 5 games.




We went bowling with friends.






Eric celebrated his 7th birthday in October (thank goodness for friends - Darlene!! - who made him a cake and had a little party for him at her house!). Poor kid, he didn't really get a birthday party. He's looking forward to that in January!




I headed back to Nebraska on October 21 to see my dad. He just moved from the hospital to a rehab facility. We played cards and he appeared to be doing well. Little did I know, it would be my last time to see him here on this earth! Here's my favorite picture of that visit.



So, that caps it for this post! This takes us through October 26, 2009! I'll pick it up from there - same bat time, same bat channel!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .

Back to Updating! It's now June!