Post #3 for the day - The Cremation Story

I'm bound and determined to catch up with my blogging! This story still brings us back to November.

Several years ago, mom and dad agreed that when they died, they wanted to be cremated. So, obviously that was honored. However, I choose not to say anything to the kids about it. I just thought that would be too much for them to handle.

Dad wasn't buried right away - Mom still needed to work out the details and since he was cremated, there was no real hurry. So, a few days after the funeral, we went to pick up his remains. Neither Mom nor I thought anything of it. However, when we got to the funeral home, the kids wanted to see Papa. They assumed he was still in the room where the visitation was.

We said that Papa wasn't there and they asked where he was. So, holding the little box that he was in, I said "he's in here."

Boy, did that boggle their minds - how did their Papa fit into that little box. So, I explained that since Papa's soul went to heaven, he didn't need his body anymore and the people at the funeral home where really good and they could fit Papa into this box. Again, Eric in all his wisdom, stated, "they must have a really good shrinking machine!". And all Mom and I could say was, "yes they do!".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Updating! It's now June!

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .