The Last Time I Blogged . . .
About anything other than things going on with my Dad was September 3. Wow, has it really been that long? I've spent alot of the last 3 1/2 months either traveling or up in Nebraska. I think I counted that of the last 111 days (around 9-12-09 to 12-31-09) I was gone 62 of those days. I wish I had been home more (because that would have meant my dad was doing well). But, that wasn't to be and I'm so thankful for the time I was able to spend with Dad before and after surgery and I'm thankful for the time I was able to spend with my mom after Dad's death. I just re-read all my posts about my dad and it just seems surreal that he's gone. I miss him alot! I can't even imagine how my mom must feel. I miss that my kids don't get to see their Papa anymore; I miss that my dad doesn't get to see my kids grow up and see the things they will accomplish and I just plain miss talking to him or seeing him when I go home. Sometimes I feel guilty that life does go on. I'm here in Texas dealing with day-to-day stuff and the day-to-day stuff that my mom has to deal with is so much harder. But, if there's one thing I know about my dad, he wouldn't want us to stop living just because he's not here. So, with that being said, I need to start 'documenting' our life! I guess I'll do it in installments! The first installment is that before Dad had surgery, we had a wonderful opportunity to go to SeaWorld in San Antonio and then on to South Padre Island. David had a business trip to South Padre Island (I know, rough, huh!!?), so we decided to make it a family vacation. We left on September 12 and went to SeaWorld on Sunday and then headed to Padre on Monday. What a wonderful time and I think it can best be summed up in pictures!
Sea World here we come:

The kids had fun feeding the dolphins (I must admit, this is one of my favorite things to do as well!):



The kids had fun on the roller coasters!



Here's was Eric's look after his first roller coaster ride - he LOVED it!

We also went to the Shamu show and had lunch with Shamu! We had a lot of fun!




We then proceeded to South Padre Island! That will be for the next post!
Sea World here we come:
The kids had fun feeding the dolphins (I must admit, this is one of my favorite things to do as well!):
The kids had fun on the roller coasters!
Here's was Eric's look after his first roller coaster ride - he LOVED it!
We also went to the Shamu show and had lunch with Shamu! We had a lot of fun!
We then proceeded to South Padre Island! That will be for the next post!
Comments