Dad's Birthday
Dad's 80th birthday would have been December 5. So, after Thanksgiving, David flew home and the kids, dogs, and I stayed. I think it's mostly for me, but I didn't want mom to be alone on Dad's birthday.
The burial service was December 3rd. It was a cold, blustery day, but we had a very small graveside service with just family and one of Dad's closest high school buddies. Dad would have liked that. The kids LOVE going to the cemetery. They go around picking up the flowers that have fallen out of the vases and put them back. I think we need to visit the local cemeteries so they can do that.
Dad's birthday was 2 days later and the kids wanted to visit the grave to put flowers on there. They are so sweet. I love their tender hearts! I don't have too many pictures of that time other than it's not a visit to Gaga and Papa's without going to Chuck E Cheese. Mom also took them to the mall to ride on the Merry-Go-Round. Also, just wanted to leave you with one picture of my dad




Happy Birthday, Dad! I miss you!
The burial service was December 3rd. It was a cold, blustery day, but we had a very small graveside service with just family and one of Dad's closest high school buddies. Dad would have liked that. The kids LOVE going to the cemetery. They go around picking up the flowers that have fallen out of the vases and put them back. I think we need to visit the local cemeteries so they can do that.
Dad's birthday was 2 days later and the kids wanted to visit the grave to put flowers on there. They are so sweet. I love their tender hearts! I don't have too many pictures of that time other than it's not a visit to Gaga and Papa's without going to Chuck E Cheese. Mom also took them to the mall to ride on the Merry-Go-Round. Also, just wanted to leave you with one picture of my dad
Happy Birthday, Dad! I miss you!
Comments