Still Movin' in the Right Direction!
I just talked with mom this morning and Dad's lung doctor came in and told dad that he is doing so much better! Although the trach is still in, the ventilator has been turned off. Dad is breathing on his own! Even before the surgery and whenever he's tried to breath on his own after the surgery, he's struggled trying to get deep breaths. So when Dad asked the question, "Am I breathing on my own?", that said a lot to me. For me it almost sounded like he wasn't struggling so he was surprised that he was breathing on his own. What an answer to prayer!
Again, I still know he has a long road ahead of him. I'm hopeful that once he starts sitting up more and doing more things, that he won't struggle breathing - time will tell on that. For now, I'm rejoicing in the moment.
The doctor also said they may 'kick him out' by the end of the week! He would go to a rehab place before going home, but to hear those words - again, sweet! Who would have thought anything like this would have happened 48 hours ago (I supposed God would have thought it - sometimes I wish HE would clue me in a little more!).
It's been a roller coaster and I'm sure it's not over, but it sure is nice to have some good reports. Dad was asking which football games were on this afternoon, so I guess I know how he'll be spending his day!
Thanks for your prayers. Again, just continued prayers for restored strength, positive attitude (I know he's still not pleased with the trach and feeding tube), wisdom for doctors, and strength and patience for my mom.
Again, I still know he has a long road ahead of him. I'm hopeful that once he starts sitting up more and doing more things, that he won't struggle breathing - time will tell on that. For now, I'm rejoicing in the moment.
The doctor also said they may 'kick him out' by the end of the week! He would go to a rehab place before going home, but to hear those words - again, sweet! Who would have thought anything like this would have happened 48 hours ago (I supposed God would have thought it - sometimes I wish HE would clue me in a little more!).
It's been a roller coaster and I'm sure it's not over, but it sure is nice to have some good reports. Dad was asking which football games were on this afternoon, so I guess I know how he'll be spending his day!
Thanks for your prayers. Again, just continued prayers for restored strength, positive attitude (I know he's still not pleased with the trach and feeding tube), wisdom for doctors, and strength and patience for my mom.
Comments