Don't Mean To Be An Alarmest . . .

But I guess I'm going to be! The 2 procedures (cardioversion and tracheoscomy) that were to be done today didn't get done. Apparently the doctors can't get together to get the timing of it all figured out. What a frustrating day for my mom.

With that being said, my mom said something to me that just made be sad and more worried than I have been. Not really sure if this is the forum to share it in, but I'm going to anyway. Although I don't think too many folks read this, I figure the more people sending up prayers, the better.

The doctor or one of the nurses said to mom that they want dad to be a little more alert so he knows what's going on. I think they've been keeping him mildly sedated to make him more comfortable while he's on the ventilator. So, anyway, apparently they want him to understand what they might be doing with the tracheoscomy. Mom said that she's pretty sure that if he's given the choice, he'll say take the ventilator out, no tracheoscomy, and make me as comfortable as possible.

So, again, I just ask for your prayers. I pray that there is some progress in his recovery and that dad is at least willing to give it a try to see if some progress can be made. It just breaks my heart that my mom is there by herself (there are other family members that are there, but it's not me) while all this is going on. And it just breaks my heart that the one thing my dad didn't want to happen with this surgery is happening.

Now with all that sadness, I do want to say that I'm not giving up hope. I am hopeful that the tracheoscomy will provide Dad some relief and will enable his recovery to be a little more rapid than it has been. Thanks for your prayers.

And, I'll leave you with some of my favorite pictures taken of my dad:












Comments

Stephanie said…
Your Dad looks so lovable it makes me want to hug him. :)

Of all things, don't give up hope! Our God is a god of life, hope and miracles that none can fathom. Mark 9:23 "What do you mean IF I can?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if a person believes."

Habakkuk 3:2 I have heard all about you, LORD, and I am filled with awe by the amazing things you have done. In this time of our deep need, begin again to help us, as you did years gone by. Show us your power to save us. And in your anger, remember your mercy.

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Updating! It's now June!

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .