Dad Update
The lung doctor yesterday said that dad had air outside his lungs and that is why he was having such a difficult time breathing on his own. They inserted a chest tube (I think) to try to get the air out (that was yesterday).
I just got a call from mom and the lung doctor said that not enough air got out to really help. She said that they would give it until over the weekend and then take a look on Monday. If not enough air has gotten out, she is proposing a tracheoscopy (as I understood mom they would make a small incision into the trachea, which I thought was a tracheotomy, so I’m not exactly sure). Then the doctor said if they did that, Dad would need to be on a feeding tube (it sounded as if that worked, they would take him off the ventilator). It was hard to tell with my short conversation with mom how long they thought that would last. If it is a temporary thing, that might be OK; if it’s long term, I know dad wouldn’t want that.
So, I would just ask for your prayers for some miraculous healing over the weekend (enough air gets out, regains some ability to breath on his own, etc.). Thanks for your prayers!
I just got a call from mom and the lung doctor said that not enough air got out to really help. She said that they would give it until over the weekend and then take a look on Monday. If not enough air has gotten out, she is proposing a tracheoscopy (as I understood mom they would make a small incision into the trachea, which I thought was a tracheotomy, so I’m not exactly sure). Then the doctor said if they did that, Dad would need to be on a feeding tube (it sounded as if that worked, they would take him off the ventilator). It was hard to tell with my short conversation with mom how long they thought that would last. If it is a temporary thing, that might be OK; if it’s long term, I know dad wouldn’t want that.
So, I would just ask for your prayers for some miraculous healing over the weekend (enough air gets out, regains some ability to breath on his own, etc.). Thanks for your prayers!
Comments