Dad Update

I have so much to blog about and it just seems like to little time! But, I did want to update on my dad.

In my previous post, I think I mentioned that Dad yanked out his breathing tube. Although it was hard for him to get some good deep breaths, he appeared to be managing. He had surgery on Tuesday, the 22nd, and on Saturday (the 26th), they moved him from ICU to a modified cardiac room. We were very pleased.

I felt good enough that the kids and I could come home. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed in Tulsa (I just couldn't quite finish the drive) and arrived home on Monday afternoon (after a trip to Taylor Medical - that's another blog post!). On Tuesday morning, my mom called and said that Dad was having such a difficult time breathing that the doctors decided to move him back to ICU and re-insert the breathing tube.

He's had some lung issues and it just appears that his lungs didn't handle the surgery very well (his heart valve and his heart in general seem to be very good). He's retaining fluid and he's had a fever a couple of different times (which lasts for a short time and then goes away).

So, I'd ask for your prayers that the doctors have wisdom to figure out what is really wrong with Dad's lungs; that God would provide a miracle and heal his lungs; that peace, strength, comfort, an patience are with my mom; and that I would have wisdom to know when/if I should make a trip up to Nebraska.

It is very difficult for me to be so far away during this time. I want to be with my mom and dad, but also realize I have responsibilities here that I can only neglect for so long. Sometimes I feel guilty that my life just goes on like normal while my mom and dad's life is at a standstill right now.

The expectation is that the breathing tube will remain in at least through Saturday. I'm thankful for other family members and friends that can be with mom during this time. I included a link at the top right of my blog that my mom has. She will update every evening what has happened during the day. Thanks so much for your prayers!

Comments

Stephanie said…
I feel for you being so far away from family. I'm sorry you've got such a scare on your hands regarding your dad. Lord, cover him in your mercy and your healing hands. Bring life Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Updating! It's now June!

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .