It's My Party . . .

So, one last post about Jessica's birthday. We don't do 'kid' parties every year. We try to do them every other year but she hasn't had a kid party since she was 5 (I guess technically we only missed one, but it seems like a long time!). She's been talking about having a slumber party for her 9th birthday since she went to her first slumber party last September. So, we had the party scheduled for last Friday. She invited her 3 closest friends. Unfortunately only 2 were able to come, but we were going to go with that. On Friday, Jessica woke up and didn't feel good and later in the day, one of the friends who could come was also sick. So, we postponed the party until last night. All 3 of her friends could come. I think (I'm hopeful?) that they all had a good time. They are good kids! Eric went to stay with a friend so it was only GIRL power!! Jaelyn was a little disappointed that she wasn't allowed to do everything with the big girls, but she survived. We started out the evening with pizza at Mazzio's and then we headed to Quenchy's for a FANTASTIC shaved ice snow cone. We came home and the girls went swimming for about an hour. Then, they decorated cupcakes (can you say sugar overload?); opened gifts; played one of the games she got; did foil dress up; decorated t-shirts and then finally watched a movie. I thought for sure they'd fall asleep during the movie, but no such luck! They ended up going to bed around 2:00 a.m.!! I'm definitely too old for that. So, I've left you with a couple of videos of the foil fashion show and some pictures. Happy 9th birthday, Jessica! I hope you can see the videos - if you can't I'll try to download it differently!












Now for a few pictures:



Mazzio's

Swimming

Cupcake decorating
Playing games
Foil dress up
T-shirt decorating
Here's all the girls' t-shirts:
Nighty night! Not really,they were up for about 90 more minutes . . . YAWN!!!!

And last, but not least, every parent's worst nightmare - being held hostage in foil by 9 year olds!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Updating! It's now June!

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .