Day by Day, Part I

I was working on blogging my trip and part of it disappeared!! I don't know if that means it was too long or if something glitchy happened with the computer! So, just in case, I'll break it up a little!

I've been out of the blogging world for a couple of weeks. We headed up to Nebraska over Memorial Day weekend to celebrate a wedding and my nephew's graduation from high school. You may not be interested in a day-by-day accounting, but it makes it easier to document! So, hold on and enjoy - I'll try to make it brief!

Day 1 (Friday, May 22) - David went into work for part of the day and I cleaned, finished laundry, ironed, and packed. I felt like I had to get a little more accomplished then normal since David was coming back early (so I wanted to get some meals prepared for him) and I had a friend coming back with me (so I wanted to be sure everything was cleaned and have some meals for us so I didn't have to worry about cooking). So on Thursday and Friday I made enchiladas, meatloaf, sausage biscuits and lemon pound cake). We left for Lincoln around 2:15 and arrived around 1:45 a.m. We only stopped 3 times - we have kids who are fantastic travelors!!

Day 2 (Saturday, May 23) - You would think the kids might have slept in a little on Saturday, but no such luck. The good thing is, they usually wake up my mom and dad first. So, David and I got to sleep in a little. It was going to be a busy day - My cousin's son was getting married at 1:00. We got home from the wedding around 4:00 and then headed to my nephew's graduation party around 5:30. My oldest nephew came over to my mom and dad's house first. The kids LOVE him! All of my nephews are so good at playing with the kids. My kids don't even realize that it may be unusual for a 14, 18, and 20 year old to want to play with them! In between the wedding and graduation, the kids had time to play with their cousins and my dad taught Jaelyn how to ride a bike!! Here are a few pictures of the day:



Day 3 - Sunday - We got up and headed to church in the morning and then headed to Hu Hot for lunch. I think Hu Hot is my favorite restaurant and they really need to get one in Longview! My mom and dad paid so that was an extra special treat. Then to reward the kids, we headed to Chuck E. Cheese to let them play. We got home around 2:30 and it was a pretty laid back day the rest of the day. I only have Chuck E Cheese pictures!





Day 4 - Monday (Memorial Day) - The kids got up early to start the day (fortunately, they always wake up my mom and dad first so we get to sleep in a little!). I left around 9:30 to have 'coffee' (juice for me) with my cousin's oldest girl. I love that girl to death! She is a neat Godly woman and I can only hope that my girls can turn out like her. It's amazing how the years and miles can separate us, but we are very close! We had a good conversation and then we both came back to Mom and Dad's to have a picnic/birthday celebration with my brother and his family (a month late for Jaelyn, a month early for Jessica and exactly on the date for my nephew). We had fun playing outside, eating, talking, playing Wii, and playing Mario on the old Nintendo. My brother and sister-in-law took the girls shopping so they could pick out their birthday presents. I know the girls enjoyed it and I think my brother and sister-in-law enjoyed it as well since they only have boys!



Day 5 - Tuesday, May 26 - I got up and mowed the lawn for my parents. My dad and Jaelyn had a 'drag racing' contest with their remote control cars (Jaelyn bought one with her birthday money and brought it up with her). She was pleased that her Chevy Silverado truck was faster than Papa's race car! Then we got ready to take David to the Omaha airport so he could fly home. It was sad that he had to come home early, but I'm thankful that he allows me to stay extra time with my family. After the airport, I stopped and visited with a good friend of mine. We headed back to Mom and Dad's around 6:00 and had a relaxing evening. Only one picture of the day and that's of the race!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .

Back to Updating! It's now June!