Two More Things . . .

I think! There are a couple of things I should have added to my previous post about the house that further illustrates God's provision, faithfulness, and goodness to our family. I guess it was such a long post and I just stopped thinking!

#1 - Although we lost a lot of money in the sale of our house, it could have been so much more! This is a house that we haven't lived in for 6 years and it is 35 years old. I was very nervous about the house inspection and what potential costs could lie ahead for that. Do you ever wonder why you continue to be nervous and worry when God has done nothing but take care of you?? When will I learn? There were some things that needed to be taken care of before the closing could take place. However, what potentially could have been several thousands of dollars, ended up being just under $1,000 (there could have been issues with the AC/furnace which I know is at least 15-18 years old, the roof is at least 15-20 years old, etc.). So, we are very thankful that the inspection went very well in our favor!

#2 - I have mentioned several times about how I didn't want to move to Texas (leaving behind family, friends, and familiarity). However, I don't think I mention enough just how God has provided women here in East Texas that have welcomed me and made me feel very at home. These women are truly my friends and I don't know what I would do without their friendship and support. I lived in Omaha for almost 5 years and although I had my family close by, I can honestly say I didn't make the friendships there that I have here (and we've been here just 2 years). So, although I know I will leave someone out, I just want to say thanks to my friends - Aimee, Laura, Debbie, Darlene, Jennifer, Jessi, Mae, Rhonda, Karen, Stacey, Kara, Angie - you are a blessing to me! Also, to those that I forgot to mention - please forgive me!! Thanks for making Texas feel like home!

Comments

TexasNeals said…
I didnt' get to congratulate you on the sale of your house! Glad you're finally done w/ it! :)
You are such a sweet person. It has been so great getting to know you. I'm so glad that we were in ELO together! I hope your friendship continues to grow and that you continue to enjoy east Texas! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Updating! It's now June!

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .