How Do You Spell . . .
Eric definitely has a gift for spelling. He started reading by around 4 1/2 (pretty much on his own or maybe listening while I was teaching Jessica - but I certainly didn't do anything special) and it seems that if he's seen a word a few times, he can just remember it.
He can spell with ease words like outside, waffle, ranger, Michigan, and Nebraska among others. So yesterday, while we were at the zoo, I decided to really put him to the test so David could see. I asked Eric if he could spell mail, like when you get a letter in the mailbox. He, without hesitation, spelled M-A-I-L. So, then I asked him to spell male, like a boy is also a male. Again, without hesitation, he spelled M-A-L-E.
Now, if only I can teach him some common sense!!
He can spell with ease words like outside, waffle, ranger, Michigan, and Nebraska among others. So yesterday, while we were at the zoo, I decided to really put him to the test so David could see. I asked Eric if he could spell mail, like when you get a letter in the mailbox. He, without hesitation, spelled M-A-I-L. So, then I asked him to spell male, like a boy is also a male. Again, without hesitation, he spelled M-A-L-E.
Now, if only I can teach him some common sense!!
Comments