Our Weekend

Just a quick update about our weekend (which was nothing too thrilling, but I wanted to make a note of it nonetheless). David made promises to the kids that as soon as they accomplished a specific goal in school, he would take them for ice cream the following weekend. Jessica's goal was to get 100% on spelling since she had been struggling with that. Well, she jumped on that and accomplished that goal almost immediately last Fall and cashed in her ice cream award several months ago.

Jaelyn needed to be able to recognize her letters. She has been able to say her ABC's for a couple of years, so I assumed she knew which letters were which. Well, when we finally started going over them diligently when school started in the Fall, I found that she really had no clue which letter was which (much to my dismay). Early on, I thought she would never get them figured out. Finally, this last week, she was able to consistently recognize all of her letters when I pointed to them. She was very excited to get ice cream with Daddy (a mini Daddy-date which all the kids love). She can write her name so now we are working more diligently on writing the letters.

Eric's focus was handwriting (he has his father's writing!). To be perfectly honest, I never required anything too neat (he is just in Kindergarten and he is a boy, after all!). But this past week, I really worked with him to not use all capital letters when he is writing and to stay in between the lines. He improved dramatically! So, he also got ice cream with Daddy this weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Updating! It's now June!

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .