Over the River and Through the Woods . . .
To Grandmother's house we go!! That's what we did - Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, back into Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa and finally Nebraska. That's the trek to my folks house in Nebraska. We weren't originally planning to go up over Thanksgiving, but since my dad was recently in the hospital, I wanted to go up to see him. He still has some healing to go and some more tests to have done, but I thought he looked pretty good. It was good to see him and my mom and it will be even nicer knowing that we'll be going up again in a few short weeks for Christmas.
We had a laid back Thanksgiving - just soup on the actual day and the real 'feast' on Friday when my brother, sister-in-law, and nephews could come. On Saturday, I went shopping with my mom's debit card (isn't that any girl's dream - spend other people's money!?) and bought Christmas gifts for the kids that will be from my mom and dad. I think it helped Mom not having to worry about it, and it was fun for me.
Then we packed up and headed home early Sunday morning (we left at 5:30 a.m.). I'm thankful for my family and my husband who is willing to drive such long distances to meet his wife's needs to see her family.
On that note, I'll leave with with the ever-famous slide show! P.S. Come back soon for the next post on the new addition to the family!
We had a laid back Thanksgiving - just soup on the actual day and the real 'feast' on Friday when my brother, sister-in-law, and nephews could come. On Saturday, I went shopping with my mom's debit card (isn't that any girl's dream - spend other people's money!?) and bought Christmas gifts for the kids that will be from my mom and dad. I think it helped Mom not having to worry about it, and it was fun for me.
Then we packed up and headed home early Sunday morning (we left at 5:30 a.m.). I'm thankful for my family and my husband who is willing to drive such long distances to meet his wife's needs to see her family.
On that note, I'll leave with with the ever-famous slide show! P.S. Come back soon for the next post on the new addition to the family!



Comments