I Am Reminded . . .

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6

Do not worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Philippians 4:6

The Lord will fulfil his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever--do not abandon the works of your hands. Psalm 138:8

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned . . . for I am the Lord, your God . . . Isaiah 43:2

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:3

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. Isaiah 58:9

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11

These are a few of the verses that I have been reminded of in my bitter, angry frame of mind! How humbling! I am more positive - thanks so much for the encouraging comments. I do understand that I am a blessed person. I am thankful that I have food, clothing, shelter, plus other things that some don't have. I think one reason I am so upset is this house is a constant reminder of how stupid we used to be with our money. We aren't perfect now by any means, but we are so much better at managing our money.

I just wanted to share some of the comments that I've received - they have been an encouragement. I was especially touched by the last story I'm going to share.

First I was reminded "It is a lousy thing to have happen but don't let those bad people get the best of you. It can ruin your life. This will pass you will get through this and you will be wiser."

Next (this was actually a comment on my blog - thanks, Stephanie), "It's easy to get angry and it's easy to get scared. It's a whole lot harder to have a right attitude and heart when injustice is being done. May God give you grace as you trust him for ALL OF IT!"

And finally, one story I was very touched by where this person many years ago was going through a similar situation (they were the ones being evicted). "That was a very low point for me and looking back, that was one of what I believe to be a pivotal step to my being open to receiving the word of God and accepting Him as my Lord and Savior 2 years later." . . . "My point is that He has the whole world in His hands and He will never leave you, nor forsake you. He could even be using you to bring 'them' to Him."

So, I am encouraged. It doesn't mean I'm still not frustrated, but I'm working though it all and just need to trust God that it will all be taken care of in His way and understand that His way and His timing is not necessarily mine!

Comments

Stephanie said…
These things are good reminders. It's also a good reminder to know that it's okay to have the feelings you are having. I remember during one of my down times this year thinking that I wish I could walk through this without complaint and with a better attitude. I would look on other people (or stories I guess) and wonder why I couldn't have their perspective. Then I got to thinking that there wasn't anything wrong with what I was doing. I was processing things the best I knew how to and it was pretty amazing that I was processing anything at that time. I think those that have positive outlooks in times of very bleak circumstances have had to wrestle through some of the same things. One of these days, if it hasn't happened already, you will be a source of comfort and strength for someone looking in or someone about to go through what you are going through. Keep your spirits up for God is creating some beautiful fruit in your life. :) I might be needing your strength later. :)
I needed those verses also. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Updating! It's now June!

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .