Prayers for Dad
I just wanted to do a quick update and ask for prayers for my dad. My dad is a great man and I'd do just about anything for him (as he would for me and my family). One of the hardest things about moving to East Texas was moving away from my family (mom, dad, brother and his family, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.). It's difficult knowing that if something were to happen, you can't just hop in the car and be there!
Dad's health just hasn't been what he's used to this past year. He was in the hospital 2-3 months ago for some shortness of breath and chest pains. He's back in the hospital now for congestive heart failure. I'm not expecting anything drastic to happen because of this, but it's just hard not being there to encourage him (or possibly just have some political disagreement with him and take his mind off of the situation!!?). It's also hard not to be able to be there just to sit with Mom in the hospital or encourage her.
I'm thankful that my brother is close, that my mom's sister is close, and that there are other family members and friends that can be there for her and my dad. However, it's not the same as me being there. It breaks my heart!
So, if you are reading this, please pray for my mom and dad. I would just pray that dad's health is fully restored and that my mom would be encouraged. Also, pray for me as it is difficult to be so far away. I want to go up so badly, it's just a matter of figuring out the logistics of it. We may decide to go up for Thanksgiving - is that OK Mom?
Dad's health just hasn't been what he's used to this past year. He was in the hospital 2-3 months ago for some shortness of breath and chest pains. He's back in the hospital now for congestive heart failure. I'm not expecting anything drastic to happen because of this, but it's just hard not being there to encourage him (or possibly just have some political disagreement with him and take his mind off of the situation!!?). It's also hard not to be able to be there just to sit with Mom in the hospital or encourage her.
I'm thankful that my brother is close, that my mom's sister is close, and that there are other family members and friends that can be there for her and my dad. However, it's not the same as me being there. It breaks my heart!
So, if you are reading this, please pray for my mom and dad. I would just pray that dad's health is fully restored and that my mom would be encouraged. Also, pray for me as it is difficult to be so far away. I want to go up so badly, it's just a matter of figuring out the logistics of it. We may decide to go up for Thanksgiving - is that OK Mom?
Comments