A Good Cry

Do you ever need a good cry just to release everything that is pent up inside. Most of what's inside, you really can't do anything about, except pray. And, usually, all the little things don't bother me. But every now and then all the little things hit at one time and you just need a good cry.

That's how my day is going. It started with all of my kids waking up by around 6:15 and immediately asking for breakfast. I don't know about you, but that just doesn't start my day off right. If I don't get a little quiet in the morning, it really sets my mood for the day (and usually it's not good for anyone). Then, the kids were constantly fighting and bickering (mind you this is only 7:30 in the morning - I already felt like I'd been through a whole day and it should have been time for them to go to bed!). And, to top it off, David is going to Dallas this afternoon and will be spending the night - so no relief tonight!

So, I finally gave the kids breakfast. After that I told them they had to go into their rooms and either read or put a puzzle together while I took a shower. I pretty much put the fear of God in them not to bother me while I was in the shower. After the shower, I had a good cry - mostly crying out to God so that I could have a better attitude, be more patient and be more loving. I'm only going to get one shot to raise my kids to love God, love each other and love other people. I want to teach them how to be good sons and daughters, to be good siblings, to eventually be good parents, and good spouses. I feel that I'm failing miserably right now and who are the ones that always suffer when that happens - the kids!

I am also frustrated as Jaelyn just can't seem to recognize her letters. Is that really a big deal? Will she not be able to recognize letters when she is older? Of course not - I know that she'll get her letters down and I'll look back at this time wondering why I got so frustrated.

There are some other things going on as well, that I don't really want to share here in this forum. So, I'm not posting this to have a pity party or anything. It just feels like a release to write it down. I am feeling better, but at the same time feeling a little 'woe is me' and a little sad. So if you think about it, say a prayer for me today (and for my kids - they may need it more than I do!).

P.S. The good news is I fit into a pair of pants today that I haven't fit into in a while. That made me smile! :)

P.S.S. In case you are wondering, this has absolutely nothing to do with the election! :)

P.S.S.S. The other good news is that David and I get to go on a date tomorrow night - I'm sure that will be a welcome relief!

Comments

TexasNeals said…
oh, laura. i'm having one of those day's too. i hate that my kids pay the price. thank you for sharing all that. it encouraged me.

ps-i thought it was so funny that you clarified that it wasn't about the election! :)

pss-i said a prayer....

psss-now i'm crying too, don't worry, it's a good thing.
The Clevelands said…
Thanks for your prayer! I appreciate it. Now the goings on is that Eric is crying because Jaelyn and Jessica have changed their names (Jaelyn aka Anda; Jessica aka Annabelle). Who knew someone could be so upset about a name change? Bedtime can't come soon enough and tomorrow is another day! Thanks again - I hope your day has improved!
So, bringing your kids over tomorrow??
Debbie Ayers said…
You poor thing! We all have many days like that...I'm just so glad that night-time comes eventually and you can look at the little "angels" sleeping and know that you still love them to pieces and you can face another day, with God's help of course.
The Clevelands said…
Thanks, Deb! It's been a nice evening and now I'm off to bed! I do think the best part of a stressful day with kids is watching them sleep - it makes all the stress go away (and then I wonder how I could have gotten so upset with such angels?)
You ever wonder if God feels the same way? That He looks at us when we go to sleep and thinks, "whew, they wore me out today! Oh man, wait, now they are having dreams they shouldn't have! Where is there guardian angel?"

Just things that go through my head!
The Clevelands said…
Aimee - I never thought about it that way, but I would venture we look much sweeter to God when we are sleeping as well!

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Updating! It's now June!

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .