Dad is Going Home!
Although I'm very happy that Dad is able to go home, the ultimate problem - his heart valve - isn't fixed. According to the heart surgeon, if Dad were to have surgery now, he wouldn't survive the operation. On the other hand, not having the surgery is also high risk.
So, I guess it's a wait and see game. When and if his lungs are completely healthy (i.e. no more pneumonia or fluid in them) and when his bladder issue is resolved, surgery may be an option again. However, by the time that happens, will his heart valve have weakened even more? Will surgery really be an option later on?
As much as I really want to know that answer, I have to trust that the One who does know that answer is completely in control. When it's someone else, or the situation isn't as serious, it always easy to say "God is in control - He'll take care of it". But when it's so close and personal, I just want to know the answer myself.
I'm very anxious to be going up to my folks over Thanksgiving. I'm sure I'll bawl like a big baby when I see my dad! It sure will be nice to see him!
So, I guess it's a wait and see game. When and if his lungs are completely healthy (i.e. no more pneumonia or fluid in them) and when his bladder issue is resolved, surgery may be an option again. However, by the time that happens, will his heart valve have weakened even more? Will surgery really be an option later on?
As much as I really want to know that answer, I have to trust that the One who does know that answer is completely in control. When it's someone else, or the situation isn't as serious, it always easy to say "God is in control - He'll take care of it". But when it's so close and personal, I just want to know the answer myself.
I'm very anxious to be going up to my folks over Thanksgiving. I'm sure I'll bawl like a big baby when I see my dad! It sure will be nice to see him!
Comments