We are blessed . . .
With wonderful family and friends! I'm starting this post Monday morning - will I finish it today?? Maybe! (note - yes I did. It didn't take me as long as I thought!)
We got back last night (Sunday) from our trip to Nebraska and Kansas. It was such a blessing to see my family in Nebraska. I have such a wonderful family. My mom and dad are the most loving and generous parents anyone could wish for. They love us unconditionally and will do anything for us. I'm sure they are resting up now - they aren't as young as they used to be, but they still put full effort into playing with the kids - they love their 'Gaga' and 'Papa'!
We celebrated Eric's 6th birthday while we were there. We traveled up to Omaha to have a party at my brother and sister-in-law's house (also named David and Laura!). What a treat to see them and my 3 nephews. My brother and sister-in-law have been married much longer than us (27 years) and therefore got started on kids earlier. However, my kids don't seem to understand the age difference and expect the older kids to play with them. And, you know what, they do so willingly! My kids think they are rock stars and Jaelyn is quite infatuated with the oldest (almost 20). My oldest nephew is a sophomore at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln (where my folks live) and he made extra time to come over in the evenings to see us. My brother also took an extra day off to come to Lincoln and spend the day with his favorite (and only!) little sister.
My extended family is also the best. My cousin (who always cuts and colors my hair when we're in Nebraska) came over. She makes the time and acts like she has nothing else to do (and trust me, she has a TON of other things she could be doing). My cousin's daughter met us at Chuck E Cheese (what 6 year old birthday celebration is complete without a visit to CEC?). She has 2 kids - one is Jaelyn's age and one is a year younger. The kids had fun playing together. My aunt and uncled also came over to my mom and dad's house to visit. I am so blessed by my family. The only bad thing about going to Nebraska is having to leave!
We then traveled to Kansas. Wow - we are also blessed by wonderful friends. We had plans to go to a card party and some of our friends were going to watch the kids. Then, their oldest child had the nerve to break his finger and have surgery on the Friday we were going to be there! On short notice, the kids of some other good friends watched our kids and we all spent the night at their house - thanks Ruth!!
On Saturday, we spent part of the day with our friends (the one who broke his finger). The kids played as if they never left. We had lunch and a great visit. I couldn't have asked for a better friend than Paula - I love you Paula!! After lunch we went to our other best friends and had supper with them and spent the night. Again, the kids played like they never left. We had a good time of sharing prayer requests and praying before the 'boys' had to leave to watch a football game.
On Sunday morning, we got up and headed back to Texas. Which brings me to more blessings. When we moved here 18 months ago, I was devastated at leaving my friends and being even further away from my family. But, God has been faithful and brought some really wonderful friends to me here in Texas. I feel so blessed to know that I have women here that I can call friends. Unless you have moved away from people you love dearly, you don't know what a blessing it is - it makes you feel like you're coming home instead of leaving all of your loved ones. Thanks, my Texas friends! At the risk of leaving someone out, I hate to mention anyone - so please know how much you make me feel welcome here, Aimee, Laura, Stacey, Kara, Rhonda, Darlene, Mae.
**Editor's note - yeah, I knew I'd forget someone! I would also consider Deb as a name to be added to the list! Check back often as there will probably be more names added!**
So, now I'm back and trying to get caught up on the mundane tasks (laundry, putting stuff away, getting some groceries so we can survive a day or two before I really know what we need, picking up the dog - we sure missed our mutt!, washing the van, vacuuming the van, etc.) and getting caught up on the fun stuff - reading others' blogs, getting caught up on facebook, email and blogging myself! I sure am glad I took today off of school!
So, I'll leave you with a slide show of pictures of the trip (sorry that it's so long!). Thanks for 'listening' to my trip!
We got back last night (Sunday) from our trip to Nebraska and Kansas. It was such a blessing to see my family in Nebraska. I have such a wonderful family. My mom and dad are the most loving and generous parents anyone could wish for. They love us unconditionally and will do anything for us. I'm sure they are resting up now - they aren't as young as they used to be, but they still put full effort into playing with the kids - they love their 'Gaga' and 'Papa'!
We celebrated Eric's 6th birthday while we were there. We traveled up to Omaha to have a party at my brother and sister-in-law's house (also named David and Laura!). What a treat to see them and my 3 nephews. My brother and sister-in-law have been married much longer than us (27 years) and therefore got started on kids earlier. However, my kids don't seem to understand the age difference and expect the older kids to play with them. And, you know what, they do so willingly! My kids think they are rock stars and Jaelyn is quite infatuated with the oldest (almost 20). My oldest nephew is a sophomore at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln (where my folks live) and he made extra time to come over in the evenings to see us. My brother also took an extra day off to come to Lincoln and spend the day with his favorite (and only!) little sister.
My extended family is also the best. My cousin (who always cuts and colors my hair when we're in Nebraska) came over. She makes the time and acts like she has nothing else to do (and trust me, she has a TON of other things she could be doing). My cousin's daughter met us at Chuck E Cheese (what 6 year old birthday celebration is complete without a visit to CEC?). She has 2 kids - one is Jaelyn's age and one is a year younger. The kids had fun playing together. My aunt and uncled also came over to my mom and dad's house to visit. I am so blessed by my family. The only bad thing about going to Nebraska is having to leave!
We then traveled to Kansas. Wow - we are also blessed by wonderful friends. We had plans to go to a card party and some of our friends were going to watch the kids. Then, their oldest child had the nerve to break his finger and have surgery on the Friday we were going to be there! On short notice, the kids of some other good friends watched our kids and we all spent the night at their house - thanks Ruth!!
On Saturday, we spent part of the day with our friends (the one who broke his finger). The kids played as if they never left. We had lunch and a great visit. I couldn't have asked for a better friend than Paula - I love you Paula!! After lunch we went to our other best friends and had supper with them and spent the night. Again, the kids played like they never left. We had a good time of sharing prayer requests and praying before the 'boys' had to leave to watch a football game.
On Sunday morning, we got up and headed back to Texas. Which brings me to more blessings. When we moved here 18 months ago, I was devastated at leaving my friends and being even further away from my family. But, God has been faithful and brought some really wonderful friends to me here in Texas. I feel so blessed to know that I have women here that I can call friends. Unless you have moved away from people you love dearly, you don't know what a blessing it is - it makes you feel like you're coming home instead of leaving all of your loved ones. Thanks, my Texas friends! At the risk of leaving someone out, I hate to mention anyone - so please know how much you make me feel welcome here, Aimee, Laura, Stacey, Kara, Rhonda, Darlene, Mae.
**Editor's note - yeah, I knew I'd forget someone! I would also consider Deb as a name to be added to the list! Check back often as there will probably be more names added!**
So, now I'm back and trying to get caught up on the mundane tasks (laundry, putting stuff away, getting some groceries so we can survive a day or two before I really know what we need, picking up the dog - we sure missed our mutt!, washing the van, vacuuming the van, etc.) and getting caught up on the fun stuff - reading others' blogs, getting caught up on facebook, email and blogging myself! I sure am glad I took today off of school!
So, I'll leave you with a slide show of pictures of the trip (sorry that it's so long!). Thanks for 'listening' to my trip!



Comments
Why did you move???