The Kindness of Strangers
It's nice to know that in today's busy, self-absorbed world (I'm talking about me!) that there are still folks who will take the time to stop and help a complete stranger!
David left for a business trip today and the kids and I went to see him off at the Tyler airport. As I was driving home, all the sudden, there was a funny noise and I quickly figured out that the tire was flat! I pulled over in a car wash parking lot in Gladewater (unfortunately no one was getting their car washed!) to survey the damage. It has been a good many years since I have changed a tire and I wasn't really looking forward to it with 3 kids in tow.
So, I got the owner's manual out (I didn't even know how to get the spare out!) and read up on it and started the process. I got the spare out, the lug nuts loosened and was just trying to figure out how to get the truck jacked up. Then, an older couple on their way home from church stopped to help (Praise the Lord!). He used to run a service station so knew just exactly what to do and he did it quickly!
I was so grateful as if I had to do it myself, I'm sure I'd still be there. He was a wonderful witness to take the time from his Sunday to help this 'damsel in distress'. I thankful for the kindness of strangers!
David left for a business trip today and the kids and I went to see him off at the Tyler airport. As I was driving home, all the sudden, there was a funny noise and I quickly figured out that the tire was flat! I pulled over in a car wash parking lot in Gladewater (unfortunately no one was getting their car washed!) to survey the damage. It has been a good many years since I have changed a tire and I wasn't really looking forward to it with 3 kids in tow.
So, I got the owner's manual out (I didn't even know how to get the spare out!) and read up on it and started the process. I got the spare out, the lug nuts loosened and was just trying to figure out how to get the truck jacked up. Then, an older couple on their way home from church stopped to help (Praise the Lord!). He used to run a service station so knew just exactly what to do and he did it quickly!
I was so grateful as if I had to do it myself, I'm sure I'd still be there. He was a wonderful witness to take the time from his Sunday to help this 'damsel in distress'. I thankful for the kindness of strangers!
Comments
i just read your post about....the hair, dun-dun-dun!!! i know it was painful, but she really looks ADORABLE!!! i love the cut and i think it's neat that you decided to save the hair...it is beautiful! :)