Who Am I?
So, just in case any of my new friends find this blog, let me share a little about me. It would be way too much for one post, so at least I'll be able to keep it going for a few days.
I was born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska. I did all the normal things kids did - mostly played outside with friends. So nice as compared to today where you're scared (at least I am) to let the kids out of your sight, let alone cross the street and go down the block by themselves.
I have one older brother (name happens to be David, just like my husband). My parents are the most amazing people you'd ever want to have as parents. They are generous with everything, love us unconditionally and would do anything for their kids and grandkids. The family on my mom's side is very close - my cousins are more like sisters, their kids are like nieces and nephews rather than 2nd cousins. For the most part, they all still live in Nebraska within 45 minutes of the extended family.
I was very active in sports. I did gymnastics (yes, that's hard to believe), volleyball, basketball, tennis, and track when I was in junior high school. In high school, I limited my activites to volleyball and tennis (I found I like nets between me and my opponents and I really wasn't that good in gymnastics or track).
I went on to college at a small school in Lincoln, Nebraska Wesleyan University. I continued playing tennis for 2 years and played volleyball all four years. When I graduated, I worked for a few months at the company my mom worked for before I broke into the business world on my own. I started working in the insurance industry in 1987. I worked my way up with the company until I had a job I truly loved and worked for a boss that was the neatest Christian man you could ever work for. I'm still friends with his family today. Then, he had the nerve to move to Topeka, Kansas and who knew it then, but that was the beginning of the rest of my life . . .
I was born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska. I did all the normal things kids did - mostly played outside with friends. So nice as compared to today where you're scared (at least I am) to let the kids out of your sight, let alone cross the street and go down the block by themselves.
I have one older brother (name happens to be David, just like my husband). My parents are the most amazing people you'd ever want to have as parents. They are generous with everything, love us unconditionally and would do anything for their kids and grandkids. The family on my mom's side is very close - my cousins are more like sisters, their kids are like nieces and nephews rather than 2nd cousins. For the most part, they all still live in Nebraska within 45 minutes of the extended family.
I was very active in sports. I did gymnastics (yes, that's hard to believe), volleyball, basketball, tennis, and track when I was in junior high school. In high school, I limited my activites to volleyball and tennis (I found I like nets between me and my opponents and I really wasn't that good in gymnastics or track).
I went on to college at a small school in Lincoln, Nebraska Wesleyan University. I continued playing tennis for 2 years and played volleyball all four years. When I graduated, I worked for a few months at the company my mom worked for before I broke into the business world on my own. I started working in the insurance industry in 1987. I worked my way up with the company until I had a job I truly loved and worked for a boss that was the neatest Christian man you could ever work for. I'm still friends with his family today. Then, he had the nerve to move to Topeka, Kansas and who knew it then, but that was the beginning of the rest of my life . . .
Comments
Rhonda