I'm A Role Model?

So, I've never given it much thought before, but somebody in our small group tonight said how she was a role model for her children, especially her girls. Me, a role model?? She went on to simply say how she was portraying to her girls what a mother is/should be. Wow - I got to thinking, what kind of role am I portraying to my girls. If I am a role model, then my girls will grow up thinking that a mother should:

1) Watch TV
2) Play on the computer
3) Yell
4) Generally think of herself first

Ouch - it hurt to think of what I'm portraying to my children. I'm not presenting a very good picture of what a Godly mother should be. I'm also not painting a very good picture of what a Godly wife should be. Some things I need to really work on and pray about!

Comments

Unknown said…
There's a very sobering thought. Thanks for sharing it, Laura. I needed that. (Picture being hit on the forehead like the V-8 commercial.)

Rhonda

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Updating! It's now June!

Mom

We Interrupt The Blogging Update . . .